Nutra Organics Wholefood Pantry Raw Organic Cacao Powder 300g
Nutra Organics Raw Cacao Powder is a pure product. No chemical refining or bleaching here, and nothing artificial added, just pure whole food goodness.
Cacao (pronounce ka-cow) is the fruit of an indigenous American jungle tree (theobroma cacao) and is known for its high antioxidant and magnesium qualities. Cacao is an ancient superfood, once traded by the Mayans and Aztecs as currency. All chocolate originally comes from Cacao, it's the processing in time and heat that separates our Cacao from standard cocoa.
How is Cacao powder made? The Cacao fruit are harvested and fermented for flavour. The beans are then dried, roasted (at low temperature to preserve nutritional value), ground into a fine paste and pressed to remove the cacao butter. The cacao cake remains and is finely milled and ready to use as Cacao powder.
Certified Organic Raw Peruvian Cacao Powder
Serving Size - 15 g
Servings approx - 20
per 100 g
Product of Peru
Ways to use it:
- Cacao has a wide variety of uses.
- Add to your baking or raw treats - bliss balls, brownies, smoothies, yoghurt or ice cream.
- Try making your own chocolate, hot chocolate or add to anything that needs a chocolate hit!
- Cacao is in it's purest form here, so the taste is truly delicious but not sweet.
- In fact, real cacao is slightly bitter, like really dark chocolate).
- Simply add your own sweetener to taste, try it with our Organic Coconut Sugar!