Yes But Water Based Personal Lubricant 100ml
YES BUT is a new approach to anal lubrication… Designed specifically to give long-lasting slipperiness and comfort for anal use with none of the skin damaging or concerning chemicals typically found in anal lubes.
YES BUT Key Features:
- Compatible with natural rubber, latex and polyisoprene condoms
- Thick and naturally long-lasting
- Safe for use with sex toys including silicone
- Sublime, velvety texture for smooth glide
- Odourless, no taste, no stickiness
- Unlike silicone no need to wash off afterwards
- pH matched for anal use
- Designed to match tissue osmolality*
- Internationally patent protected
Natural Anal Lubricant
YES BUT contains no Glycerine, no Propylene glycol, no aspartame, no parabens, no unpronounceable preservatives (like Diazolidinyl urea or Triethanoloamine or Imidazolidinyl urea) or Polyquaternium. Have a look at our comparison table below.
YES BUT anal lubricant is:
- Guaranteed pure and natural by its certified organic status
- Designed to be side effect free and deliver outstanding lubrication
- Innovative formulation with natural and organic ingredients
- And can be used with YES OB plant-oil based personal lubricant to experience – “Double Glideability” see below
Anal vs. vaginal lubricants
Anal play should never be uncomfortable for either person, so while using lubricant is a must, the value of using an anal lube designed to support these more vulnerable tissues is becoming more recognised. Experiencing safe and friction free pleasure are our main aims with YES BUT, but it’s not only about the lubricity. Vaginal lubricants are designed to be acidic. That’s not ok for anal play, and strong chemicals like glycerine and polypropylene glycol are known to damage the lining of the rectum, see study links below.
*We mentioned osmolality. Anal play gets some of our more vulnerable tissues exposed to lubricants, and chemical ingredients that damage these tissues can make STD transmission and HIV in particular, more likely. YES BUT has been designed to match these vulnerable tissues in two ways. Firstly the pH is balanced to match rectal pH (neutral) not vaginal pH (fairly acidic) and secondly, the strength of the ingredients used in YES BUT matches these tissues. This ingredients’ strength is called Osmolality.
Water-based & oil-based lubricants
Ever tried a natural oil based lubricant? Not a silicone oil lubricant, but a plant oil lubricant. For many of our customers, YES OB plant-oil based natural lubricant quickly becomes their favourite. It has a luxurious and sensuous texture, great longevity and superb glide. Not suitable for use with condoms, but great for sex toy, water play and intimate massage, as well as for intercourse.
If you aren’t using condoms then we suggest trying YES BUT with YES OB Plant Oil Based Lubricant Pre-filled Applicators. YES OB in pre-filled applicators means our natural alternative to silicone lubes can be inserted and delivered to the right place. YES BUT, used in addition gives a wonderfully easy cushioning feel and seriously long-lasting pleasure. This combination offers you the unique, long-lasting and voluptuous “Double Glideability” effect.
Difference between YES WB and YES BUT
YES WB is a vaginal lubricant – designed for vaginal use. The specific parameters that make a lubricant suitable for vaginal use are as follows:
- pH matched to the typical vaginal environment (pH4.0-4.5) to maintain vaginal health, as vaginal microflora is predominately Lactobacilli which creates the acidic environment
- Iso (the same as) or hypo (slightly lower than) osmotic to vaginal tissues. This means that the strength of the formulation, in particular the quantity and quality of dissolved molecules in the lubricant, matches human plasma and human cell osmolality. The close match (Iso or slightly hypo) ensures no tissues are irritated by water being pulled out of the tissues. All glycerin based lubricants are highly Hyper-osmotic and this can cause cell damage and irritation, and increases the risk of STD transmission through broken tissues. Slightly hypo osmotic lubricants will release water into dry tissues, with no tissue damage.
YES WB is slightly hypo-osmotic to vaginal tissues and has pH4.0.
YES BUT is an anal lubricant – designed for anal use. The specific parameters that make a lubricant suitable for anal use are as follows:
- pH matched to typical rectal pH (pH7.0-8.0). The rectum has minimal pH buffering ability (there is little free fluid available to dilute or change the lubricant pH, unlike the vagina) and the rectal microflora is predominantly anaerobic gram negative and gram-positive bacteria, which is very different to vaginal microflora.
- Iso-osmotic to rectal tissues which are typically 270-290 mOsm/kg (same as plasma & vaginal tissues). The Iso-osmotic nature is more important for anal lubricants as the rectal tissues are more likely to be damaged by a hyper-osmotic lubricant. Rectal epithelium is much thinner and more fragile than vaginal tissue, and provides a greater surface area for infection, plus one of the functions of these rectal tissues is to absorb excess fluids from the rectum. Damage to vaginal or rectal tissues is a major risk factor in STD transmission, and in particular HIV, so using an iso-osmotic rectal lubricant minimises the risk of tissue damage and therefor HIV transmission.
YES BUT is iso-osmotic to rectal tissues and matches rectal pH at pH7.5.
- Aloe vera
- Guar gum
- Locust bean gum
- Honeysuckle extract
- Sodium chloride
- Citric acid
- Sodium hydroxide