Oriental Botanicals Calcium Excel 60Tabs
Readily absorbed calcium with vitamin D3 to maintain strong, healthy bones and healthy bone mass.
Features and benefits
- Oriental Botanicals Calcium Excel contains calcium and vitamin D3, which support healthy:
- Bones and teeth
- Bone mass and mineralisation
- Bone development and growth in children and teenagers
- Muscle contraction and immune system function
- Combines calcium glycinate and calcium citrate, which are more readily absorbed and used by the body than other forms of calcium (like calcium carbonate)
- May help prevent osteoporosis in post-menopausal women who aren’t consuming sufficient amounts of calcium from their diet
- Includes vitamin D3, which is needed for both calcium uptake and absorption into the bones
How it works
According to research from the Australian Bureau of Statistics, many people in Australia don’t get the daily recommended amount of calcium in their diet, including:
- Nine out of every 10 females (aged 12-18 years and 51 years and older)
- 60% males (aged 12-18 years and 51 years and older)1
Post-menopause and osteoporosis
Teenaged females aged 12-18 years and women 51 years and older have higher requirements for calcium than other age groups.1
Calcium is an important mineral because it can help to prevent a condition called osteoporosis (thin, fragile bones) in post-menopausal women who aren’t consuming sufficient amounts of calcium from their daily diets.
Readily absorbed forms of calcium
Oriental Botanicals Calcium Excel is specially formulated to include calcium glycinate and calcium citrate, which are forms of calcium that are more readily absorbed and used by the body than certain other forms of calcium, such as calcium carbonate.
Calcium for strong, healthy bones and teeth
Oriental Botanicals Calcium Excel contains calcium which supports:
- Strong, healthy bones and healthy teeth
- Healthy muscle contraction
Alongside vitamin D3, calcium also supports healthy bone mass and mineralisation (the amount of bone mineral in bone tissue), as well as healthy bone development and growth in children and teenagers.
Vitamin D for calcium absorption
Vitamin D3 is included in Oriental Botanicals Calcium Excel to aid the uptake of calcium in the body, including its absorption into the bones. Vitamin D3 also supports a healthy immune system.
- Adults: Take 1 tablet two times a day, or as professionally prescribed.
- Children 6-8 years: Give 1 tablet once a day.
- Children 9-17 years: Give 1 tablet two times a day.
- For children unable to swallow tablets, crush the tablet and combine with a small amount of food or liquid and consume promptly.
- Always read the label. Follow the directions for use. If symptoms persist, talk to your health professional. Vitamins and minerals can only be of assistance if dietary intake is inadequate.
Each tablet contains:
|Calcium glycinate (Calcium glycinate)||704.2 mg|
|equiv. to calcium||150mg|
|Calcium citrate tetrahydrate (Calcium citrate tetrahydrate)||721.5mg|
|equiv. to calcium||150mg|
|Colecalciferol (Vitamin D3 500IU)||12.5mcg|
No artificial colours, flavours or preservatives, yeast, wheat, gluten, nuts or dairy products.
During pregnancy, always consult with a qualified healthcare practitioner before taking herbal medicines and nutritional supplements. Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet.
Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist consult your healthcare practitioner.
If you have any pre-existing conditions, are on any medications, always talk to your health professional before use. Some products should be ceased at least two weeks before any elective surgery, please confirm with your health professional.